Principal, Crafton Elementary School
412-429-2500, ext. 4301 FAX: 412-922-7587
Mrs. Burleson's monthly newsletter and calendar:
A MESSAGE FROM THE PRINCIPAL:
Dear Students, Staff, and Parents:
Welcome to the 2016-2017 school year! Our commitment at Crafton Elementary school is to provide a challenging educational program for all students within a safe, nurturing environment, which will enable students to function as productive, ethical and responsible global citizens.
High standards and expectations for each student in regard to academic performance, co-curricular participation, and responsible citizenship are the foundation of our school. It is with pride that we hold these high standards and ask each of our students to commit to maintaining the extraordinary record of achievement and contribution that has been the legacy of Carlynton School District. It is the contribution of our students to our school and community that makes Crafton an exceptional learning community. Full participation in academic and co-curricular programs and a willingness to act responsibly as an individual within our educational environment are the factors that enable all to have a successful and enjoyable year.
Below are our Belief Statements:
• Education is certainly worth the commitment of time, money, and effort.
• Education is a cooperative effort of parents, students, staff, and community.
• All students are unique individuals with varied interest and abilities.
• All students can be successful learners based on their ability.
• All students have a right to be educated to the fullest potential.
• Individual guidance is critical to maximize each student's potential.
• Students should be encouraged to explore their potential.
• High expectations directly affect performance.
• Every individual has worth and deserves respect and dignity.
• A nurturing, safe environment is conducive to learning.
• The school district should encourage students to be responsible members of a global society
In conclusion, I wish you all a wonderful school year. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and know that my door is always open. I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am honored to serve as your principal.